When To Throw Your Schedule In The Trash
Unexpected things happen in life sometimes that force us to throw our schedules in the trash. Sick kids, us getting sick, accidents, issues with our cars or houses, emergencies, whatever. It’s no fun when these things happen, but we still need to find a way to deal with it.
In all honesty, I had a different topic planned for this episode today, but one of my sons was sick and had to stay at home from school, which meant I had to adjust my schedule and my expectations for my work day. In this episode I share the details of the decisions I made to adjust my schedule and my mindset. Use my experience as inspiration for yourself.
What You’ll Learn:
- Acknowledge, validate, and allow yourself to feel what you’re feeling, which may be frustrated, disappointed, and annoyed
- How to adjust your schedule and your mindset when something unexpected happens on your work day (determine your non-negotiables and how you’ll make them happen, but allow for things to be imperfect)
- Do your best to avoid task switching or thought switching, because that will produce mental exhaustion
- Make sure you set yourself up for success for that day as best as you possibly can
Work With Me
- Want to work with me? Click here to learn how to work with me.
- Want to join my free Facebook community? Click here to join my free Facebook community now.
Support This Podcast
Thanks for listening. I hope you enjoyed this podcast episode. Please subscribe, rate, and review!
Subscribing, rating, and reviewing this podcast will help other people discover it and will motivate me to create more episodes. I really appreciate you taking time to do that.